Parks Recreation & Public Facilities Part Time Event Assistant
Under the direction of the Recreation Senior Supervisor, the Part-Time Event Assistant will be responsible for providing the planning support for local parades, community events and grant administration to the Parks, Recreation and Public Facilities Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide planning support for local parades and community events.
- Provide support for the Community Events and Activities grant program.
- Provide support to the Special Event Permit process as a point of contact.
- Assist with managing the Community Calendar and Web page maintenance.
- Act as a hotelier liaison.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
- Develop program and/or event marketing material.
- Basic event planning concepts.
- Promotional publicity techniques and tools.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Learn City and Service Area Methods, rules, policies, ordinances and requirements.
- Learn the operation of various computer software programs.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of organizations.
- Periodically attend events and activities after hours or on the weekend.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Experience in tourism, hospitality or event planning desired but not required.
A minimum of eighteen (18) college units in Recreation, Community Services, Communications, Marketing or related field.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATE
Must possess a California Driver's License. Maintenance of a valid California Driver's License is a condition of continued employment. (DMV printout is required at time of appointment)
Maintain the following physical abilities: see well enough to read instructions, read fine print, view computer screen, operate vehicles and equipment; hear well enough to converse on the telephone, on the radio and in person assisting customers and program participants; bodily mobility to lift and maneuver program supplies and equipment; use of hands and fingers for use of computer keyboard, copy machine, filing, writing, drive equipment and answering telephones; tolerate extreme fluctuations in temperature while performing essential functions and able to lift equipment as necessary.