- Fully paid health plan for employee and their dependents
- Term Life Insurance at 1 1/2 times annual salary
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Liberal vacation plan
- Sick leave accrual 12 hrs for each month worked
- Holiday time at eight (8), 24 hrs shifts annually
- Uniform allowance $1,100 annually
- $100/month Bilingual pay after initial probation
- $100/month Associates/Bachelor's Degree pay after initial probation
- Physical fitness incentive pay after initial probation
- The City does not participate in Social Security
- Qualified candidates currently or within the last six (6) months a member of CalPERS or subject to reciprocity with another eligible retirement plan may be a "classic member" and may be enrolled in the City's 3% @ 50 plan.
Employee pays employee contribution rate of a 9% on a pre-tax basis. Non classic or "New members" will be enrolled in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) Safety Option Plan Two, 2.7% @57. New employees shall have an initial contribution rate of at least fifty percent (50%) of the total normal cost rate for the defined benefit plan or the current contribution rate of similarly situated employees, which is currently 9% PERS contribution, whichever is greater. All employees shall be subject to the mandatory provisions of AB 340.
Veteran's Preference System
The City of Turlock has adopted a veteran's preference system (effective January 1, 2002). The percentage score achieved through an entrance (non-promotional) examination which ranks applicants on an eligibility list shall be adjusted to provide: (a) one (1) percentage point added to the final test score for each six (6) months of active service during a time of armed conflict, up to a maximum of five (5) points, and (b) five (5) percentage points added to the final test score for veterans who are disabled as a result of active military service during a time of armed conflict, regardless of length of service. To receive preference points, applicants must provide supporting documentation and proof of honorable discharge. In no event shall an applicant receive more than a five-point adjustment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief except where indicated by requirements of the job.