Fire BellThis bell was purchased in 1908 when the first Turlock Fire Department was formed and was used by the Fire Department until 1916. The 800 pound cast iron Fire Bell was installed on June 26, 1908 at the Northeast corner of Main and First Streets. Volunteers and regular citizens would run to ring the bell whenever there was a fire. In 1919 the bell was sold to the city of Ceres for $ 60.00 and they used it until 1928. It was mounted on a pedestal in the Ceres Park in 1940 where it remained on display until the Ceres Fire Department returned it to Turlock in 1971 to be displayed at the Turlock Fire Museum.
In 1916 the bell was replaced by a Gamewell Siren. The siren was mounted above the fire hall.
In 2008 the Fire Bell was moved from its location in front of the Turlock Fire Museum to its current home mounted in front of Fire Station # 1. It hangs just outside of the main entrance to the station and the entrance to the new Turlock Fire Museum.